Saturday, April 18, 2009

Swollen little toes

Brinley continues to make progress, sometimes you can't always see the progress but any day that she doesn't have a set back is progress... Today really the only change I seen was how swollen she is. I asked the nurse what causes her to swell and she said it's just due to the infection and that because she's sick her kidneys aren't functioning correctly and also being on the ventilator and the fact that she's not getting the amount of protein she needs through her TPN. Brinley weighed 3 pounds this morning, I can't believe she's already 3 pounds and over 5 weeks old. This month has already flown by and I'm already kicking myself for not taking more pictures when she was smaller, I'll never get that age or size back. It's not like I didn't take alot of pictures because trust me I did, I just wish I would've taken more of her small little features like her hands, feet, face, etc. and not so many of just her over all body.
This morning we went and ate breakfast at Susan's we had never eaten there before but Cari one of Brinley's nurses recommended it so we thought we'd give it a try and we loved it. She told us about these homemade cinnamon rolls they have we both wanted eggs for breakfast but we ordered a cinnamon roll to go and ate it this afternoon and it was very delicious and I'm sure fat free. Ha! (It was the size of a dinner plate)

Tonight we went to Razorback Pizza and met up with family for Cody and Courtney's birthday party, it was nice to get together and visit with everyone. It's hard to believe that another year has already passed it just seems like a couple of months ago that I was searching for the perfect birthday present for Courtney's 13th birthday and now she's already 14.. I'm feeling old...At the party Karen gave me a gift for Brinley it was the cutest little bow and socks with her initial on them, so sweet I just love them.. I actually had bought this outfit for her a week or so ago and wanted the bow and socks but they didn't have her initial so Karen seen them today and got them for her, and not only did Karen get them for her so did Jeanne. As you can tell Brinley is already very spoiled, I'm so lucky to have so many people that love her so much..

0 comments:

Blog Archive