Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy 7 weeks old Brinley

Today Brinley is seven weeks old, it's hard to believe that this time next week she'll already be two months old. Sometimes I start feeling sorry for myself and feel cheated because I'll never get these months back she's only a 1 month old 1 time and I didn't get to do any of the things most moms get to do with their newborns but when I start thinking like this I just have to remind myself that she shouldn't even be here yet and when I get her home yes she'll be a 3 month old but she'll only be doing the things that a newborn will be doing, not to mention that I should just be thanking my precious God for giving her to me to begin with. Someone just slap me, it could be so much worse and deep down I know this..

Brinley is currently on 17cc of breast milk every 3 hours, that's equivalent to approximately 4 ounces in a 24 hour period. If she's able to continue to tolerate her feeds over the next week or so, I believe they'll be removing her central line because the TPN and Lipids she's been receiving since birth is now being replaced with breast milk. As her breast milk feeds increase her TPN decreases so once the breast milk out weighs the TPN they can pull her central line, I'm sure they'll leave it in for a few days just to make sure that she doesn't have any problems. That's really exciting to me she's always had a central line and sometimes 2 other IVs running. There hasn't been many changes today, Dr.Wagle said her chest x-ray looked beautiful he said he'd like her lungs to be expanded to the 10th rib and right now their only to the 9th. I'm hoping they start turning down the peak on your ventilator Dr.Wagle said you need to be around a 12 or 13 and right now your at a 18 or 19, so we really need to concentrate on bringing those numbers down this week so we can get you off that ventilator.


Here are some pictures of Brinley at 7 weeks old.

0 comments:

Blog Archive