Sunday, April 5, 2009

Brinley's Video Debut

Friday when Brinley's nurse Dinah was changing out her nasal cannula and feeding tube I got to shoot a short video of her without anything on her face.








As you can see she SMILED at me.. She is such a little doll, this is the first time she's had a bow in her hair. The nurses told me earlier I could put a bow in her hair if I wanted to but I've resisted simply because I figured she had enough wires and other stuff to mess with without having to worry about keeping a bow in her hair. Brinley now weighs 2 pound 6 ounces and is up to 8cc of breast milk every 3 hours she is tolerating her feeds well, but one thing she isn't tolerating is her feeding tube. She has pulled it out numerous times over the weekend, eventually they plan to move her feeding tube out of her mouth and into her nose but she'll have to be off the oxygen before they can do that. Brinley had her 2nd blood transfusion yesterday, this time they were able to start her IV in her hand instead of her head so that made the process a little more bearable, thanks to the transfusion her color was very good today and her breathing seemed to be much more stable today then it has been over the last few days.



Today Brian and I went home and painted Brinley's room, it turned out so PERFECT. The color is from Benjamin Moore it's called "Blushing Bride" I'll post pictures once we get all the trim work touched up, Brian's going to work on that this week so we can set the baby bed and changing table up my next weekend. It's been so long ago I almost forgot what the furniture looked like so I had to go look it up to remind myself

We plan on picking this up by Friday, I bought it at The Baby's Room http://www.thebabysroomar.biz/home.nxg and they've been holding it for me since we ordered it back in January. We didn't get all the pieces we only got the changing table and the crib, I would've loved to have gotten the Armoire also but the room is on the small size and we couldn't fit that and a rocking chair so I had to choose between the two and I decided to go with the Rocker.

I was just thinking earlier how lucky we are that we have such a wonderful NICU in NW Arkansas, we are so thankful that we are able to stay close to home and have our friends and family near. We have been so impressed with Dr.Wagle, Dr.Linn, and all the wonderful nurses who take care of Brinley they are very much on top of the latest and greatest medical technology.


0 comments:

Blog Archive