Saturday, April 11, 2009

Another long day for Brinley

Brinley hasn't felt much better today, the Sensitivity report came back on her culture and one of the antibiotics the doctor has her on had to be changed but the other was working. They weren't able to do her Spinal tap today because her platelet count was to low, they plan on doing it tomorrow. They gave her more blood today and also some platelets, her color looked alot better after she got the blood transfusion. As far as movement she didn't move much at all this morning but this afternoon we got her to open her eyes one time and she moved her legs some. The nurse tonight told us that the doctor had ordered some sedation meds if she needs them, she said around 7pm tonight she was pretty aggressive and fighting the ventilation tube and was just basically uncomfortable. She had moved her to her stomach and she seemed to be resting well while we were there, the nurse said if she got uncomfortable again she'd go ahead and give her the sedation meds just so she can rest a little easier. Thank you all for your prayers, please continue to pray for her


Today we went and picked up Brinley's bedroom furniture we got her crib and changing table and hutch, I also found some bedding I liked and it was soooo cheap so I picked it up.

My mom got her the cutest pink and leopard print blanket, I just love it. We plan on going home tomorrow morning and finishing the painting up, so I would love it if we could get the painting finished the furniture set up and the bedding on the bed so I can choose which bedding I like. I hope to be able to post pictures tomorrow night but we'll have to see how much we get accomplished. If Brinley's not feeling well tomorrow then none of this will get done because we won't leave the hospital if she's having problems.

I hope everyone has plans tomorrow to spend the day with family, I know the weather is supposed to be yucky but you can always hide the Easter eggs in the house. I can't wait to be able to color Easter eggs and hide them for Brinley to find. God bless all of you, thank you for your continued prayers...

0 comments:

Blog Archive