Friday, May 8, 2009

I've neglected to blog the last few days, it's not that I haven't wanted to I just haven't had time to. I'm not going to go back and walk through the past few days it actually a time I don't want to remember but I know my heart will never let me forget.

Brinley is doing well now, she is on around 50% oxygen and still having alot of desats. They started her on diuretics again yesterday so I'm hoping that when some of the fluid is off of her she will have a little easier time breathing. They weaned her off the nitrous oxide and also the pulmonary hypertension medication yesterday and then they started her back on feeds 3cc of breast milk every 3 hours. The nurse told us yesterday that we could bring some clothes for her, of course I never thought about her needing clothes while we were down here so I didn't pack any of her preemie outfits. We went to babies r us and bought a preemie outfit and 6 onesis that are newborn size I'm hoping after I wash them that they shrink enough to fit her, we also bought some velcro and scissors the nurse said we would need to cut the arms and put velcro on them so they could undo the velcro to get it over her head because she still has an IV in each arm. We also got to hold her yesterday for the first time in almost a month, she was completely zonked out I don't know if she ever even knew she was being held or not but I like to think she loved it as much as we did. I held her for an hour and a half and Brian got to hold her for 45 minutes.

0 comments:

Blog Archive