Monday, May 11, 2009

God always provides

Today was a GREAT day for Brinley! Brinley weighs 4lbs 10oz and today she opened her eyes a ton, and wiggled all over her isolete. They've been giving her a diuretic the past couple of days and it has taken so much fluid off her little body, she's finally starting to look like my baby again and now instead of 3 double chins she only has 2. HA! The Nurse Practitioner told us this morning that he heard a murmur so he ordered an Echo just to be sure her the clip on her PDA had opened up, the Echo showed everything to look good. The NP said she does have a murmur but it's nothing to worry about. Brinley is up to 15cc of breast milk every 3 hours and is tolerating her feeds very well, the little stinker hasn't pooped in over a week they've been giving her suppositories once or twice a day but still no poop. He's not worried about it and just says when it's time she'll poop.

Another reason today was such a great day was because she got to meet her Aunt Brenda and Aunt Heather for the 1st time. Actually Heather got to see her at Willow Creek right before she was transported but this was the 1st time Brenda ever saw her. Of course they said the same thing everyone else says "she looks just like her daddy" I just love showing her off. We had a great visit with them and then Aunt Brenda treated us to lunch at The Purple Cow it was the first time any of us had ever eaten there and if you haven't tried it you should, their milkshakes are yummy!

Since the day Brinley was born we've been overwhelmed by the outpouring of love our little family has been shown. Yesterday at our church (New Sulphur Free Will Baptist) they took up a love offering for us. Brian's dad called us last night and told us how much money everyone had donated and I just bawled. I've been praying "God please just give us enough to get by" the Lord has provided. I don't know how to thank everyone who has given to us so freely, there is no way that I'll be able to thank each of these people personally. I just pray that we may be able to return the favor and bless another family as we have be blessed. I think it's really about passing it on, I know in the future I'll give more freely. Sometimes it takes being on the receiving end to have your eyes opened up, I know I'll never forget the money we have received from family, neighbors, church family and friends and I may not be able to thank them personally but I can pass on the blessing to someone else.




0 comments:

Blog Archive