Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lord, please be with Brinley

When I first arrived to the NICU this morning I was so relieved to find Brinley looking and feeling better. Her fever had broke the night before and her platelet count was over 100 everything seemed to be getting better.. I stayed in the NICU all morning and around noon I left and went to eat lunch with my sister in law Karen I was only gone until 1:30pm but alot happened while I was out. Brinley had decided to clamp down on her intubation tube and not let any air in or out, Stacy her nurse had to pull her tube and bag her and then they decided to put her back on a CPAP machine to give her a rest from the tube in her throat. She never really did well on the CPAP and within an hour or so they were intubated her again to put her back on the ventilator. All day she has been very puffy she doesn't even look like my sweet baby, when I left from there tonight she was doing well she was resting and not fighting the tube as much. She just hates having that tube in her throat, I hope she can rest tonight and feel better tomorrow. She is so exhausted..... Her culture did come back negative today for the first time in 6 days we need to days of negatives, Dr.Linn said she'll be on antibiotics for 7-10 days and we'll just have to let her tell us when she's ready to come off the vent (when she starts breathing over it).

0 comments:

Blog Archive