Tuesday, April 7, 2009

He's still working on me

Today Brinley weighs 2 pounds 9.9 ounces, Dr.Wagle said her PDA is back to 1.6mm in size but that she still is gaining weight, tolerating her feedings and her respiratory system is strong so he doesn't feel like it's effecting her. Dr.Henry the eye doctor came in to see another baby in the NICU and I found out that next Tuesday he'll be doing her eye exam. I'm rather anxious for him to check her vision because I want to know that her vision is okay, when Dr.Wagle talked to us before she was born I remember him stating that micro preemies sometimes have problems with their vision so this is one more obstacle that I hope she has managed to overcome. We have been so blessed with Brinley's health up to this point, I pray all the time that God continues to heal and develop her. I'm constantly singing to her through the arm holes of the isolete, a song that I have been singing to her and possibly even the first song I sang to her was "He's still working on me". I know God is keeping his hands on Brinley and continuing to heal her from the inside out, she is my miracle baby. I'm so thankful to have this child, Brian and I have prayed for her for so long, she is an answered prayer.
God also continues to work on me, I wasn't brought up going to church that doesn't mean I came from a bad family we believed in God and we leaned on God when times were tough but we didn't worship or praise him on a daily basis. We prayed when family or friends were ill, or when someone died but we never prayed just to thank him for all her blessings. I have a strong desire to be a faithful christian, I try to be a godly women I know most days I fall short of reaching Gods goal for me but I'am trying and God see's my efforts and God continues to work on me everyday to bring me closer in my walk with him.

0 comments:

Blog Archive