Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Baby Dobbs

I started this blog back in 2007 and only posted a few times. Alot has happened in the last 2 years and I really want to remember this time so I thought I'd try to post something everyday or at least weekly not only for friends and family to stay informed with what's taking place in our life but also so I can look back on it after my baby girl is born and remember the highs and lows that we've went through.

Let's back up to last Wednesday Febrary 25th, my alarm went off at 6am and I got up and shut it off and felt really dizzy and sick to my stomach I decided to lay back down to see if my dizziness would go away. Around 645am I decided to get up and take a shower I still didn't feel great but felt like I had to go to work after I got out of the shower I felt like I was peeing all down my leg, I cleaned my self up and started brushing my teeth and more "pee" kept running out of me, I actually smelled it (I know that's gross but you'd do the same thing) and it wasn't pee. I went and called Brian who was already at work while I was trying to reach him on the phone it was very obvious by the amount of fluid I lost that my Water had broke, I told Brian to come home NOW. He ran home and got me and we were at Parkhill by 830am being examined and they confirmed my water had broke, I thought immediately that I was losing the baby I was only 25 weeks and I knew she wasn't big enough to survive. I completely fell apart but the doctors instantly started reassuring us that she could survive not to give up.. Within 10-15 minutes I was in a deliver room, stripped down having an ultrasound done, the baby's heart rate was good she was moving and the doctor said she weighed aroun 1 pound 5 ounces, the Neonatologist came and spoke with us and said they deliver baby's this small often that survive and go on to be healthy children/adults but of course there was no guarantee and he went over all the complications our baby would be born with and the likely hood of spending months in the NICU but overall was reassuring that she would survive but he didn't know what kind of complications she would have. I never had 1 contraction my water broke and continues to leak even know, my fluid level was around 2cm and a normal fluid level is around 12cm, the next 48-72 hours was extremely critical they gave me steroid shots to help develop the baby's lungs and started running pencillin and IV fluids to help prevent infection and to keep the baby hydrated. We really didn't know what to expect I thought when your water broke you had to deliver within 24 hours, that's not the case..I won't be going home until I deliver which for the baby's sake I hope is at least a month or more away, the doctors said if I make it to 34 weeks they'll induce so I know I won't be in this bed for any longer then 9 weeks. For now though and until she's born I'll be on bed rest at Willow Creek room #11.

1 comments:

Emily said...

Definitely praying for you and little Brinley. I'll check back in on your blog for updates. Feel free to keep in touch as time goes on. It's reassuring to know other people are going through the same situation.

Blog Archive